~ Reconnect to Compassion 2012 ~

    I did not have a child for a couple of years while I was dealing with getting diagnosed with bipolar and getting the medication right. But when I got my bipolar medication and on food stamps. we decided that I had the income and needed to sponsor a girl since I could not go to church and tithe there. I was dealing with bipolar and people. 

Picture
 She reminded me of Edilia my first girl. She was just 6 years old when I started supporting her. We spent the next ten years together and she just graduated in 2023. She even dyed her hair red to be like me. I think she looks good with red hair. I miss her and her letters so much. But I did get to visit once. ​
I searched the website for Honduras looking for that one special girl who would change my life forever. And Dayana was the girl I chose to spend the next few years with.
Picture
Picture
Picture
We had so much fun when I came to visit Honduras in October 2014. I visited just 7 months after I sponsored her. 
In March of 2014 I was able to receive disability for the bipolar and lupus and I sponsored Kimberly. She was just 6 when I sponsored her too. She is turning 16 this year. 
Picture
Picture
Picture
She was 10 when I received her as my sponsor girl. Now she is 20 and about to graduate this year from the program and I will be devastated when I lose her. I pray that she finds me, and we can keep in touch. She also has red hair now too. My girls are so funny but shows that they love me in ways I do not deserve. They want to look like me. I am so humbled to be loved like that. 
Jennifer is my other core group of girls, she is a correspondent sponsorship, but I love her so much she had to be added to this post. Jennifer came to be my sponsor child in April of 2014.
Picture
Picture
Picture
I was given her as a correspondence sponsor girl in November of 2014. She graduated in 2021 and found me on Facebook shortly after leaving the program. I am so happy to have her there where I can write and hear from her still. 
Maricel is my last girl that was my core group from the 2014's. She called me auntie and wrote long and often. I miss those long letters and lots of sharing and talking about end times together. She is an amazing young lady. 
Picture
Picture
I have so many girls that I have had a while, and have good relationships with, but I do not have enough room for everyone, but these girls were the beginning of my return to Compassion. 
Picture


Comments

Popular Posts